Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Unburdening the Guilt

A subject that I've found that never really gets addressed on the infidelity blogs - but gets mentioned - is the subject of confessing one's infidelity. Does anybody think this is a good idea? Has anybody ever entertained this idea? I think it's a terribly misguided one. Sure one needs to be honest and open in a relationship for it to remain healthy, but isn't this just creating a wound that will never properly heal? Is there a person in this world that can truly forgive a cheating spouse? Now, I'm all for using a little white lie and confessing thoughts of infidelity in order to get a message across. But never should one EVER think confessing the act could possibly aid in the repair process of a relationship. Anybody disagree?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my husband resolves in his heart not to do it again, I don't want to know. There are spouses that forgive but the cheater has to work hard to gain that trust again.

I believe that if one looks close enough, you'd tell if your spouse is cheating. Maybe I'm wrong.

Interesting question...hope others give their opinions.

12:38 PM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

I just feel if the person has even one little grain of jealousy in them, they could never forgive, or at least ever trust again.

And what's up with these people who feel its their duty to rat somebody out? How could they possibly feel they're doing that person a favor.

Trust me, if one looks close enough one will always find evidence of cheating - whether its there or not. As they say - If you look hard enough you'll always find what you're looking for. My wife did that for 10 years before I even started being unfaithful.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting point you make about finding cheating evidence. You are reminding me of the wife of a friend of mine that goes psycho on him when he's not cheating.

Sigh. No one can really understand the matters of the heart.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home