Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Thursday, October 27, 2005

If You Love Her.

'If you love her you have to let her go' just doesn't apply here. Other than an emotional tie, I don't have her tied down. (Not that I don't want to. LOL) I've never stopped her from leaving. And I've never begged her to come back. What more can be expected from me? I'm neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I'm a realist, and nobody knows me better than - me. I always suspected that the best chance (for me at least) of us seperating was to do so after 'one last time'. I had proved myself correct twice now. All ties were severed yet she still found her way back to me. Well to be totally factual, the first time, we were back together already on our cell phones on our car rides home. So, I didn't even have time to sever ties. But I was in the right place then, just as I was this last time. However, I'm not in that place anymore (for reasons I had not shared with you). And being realistic and totally honest with myself and with her, I cannot make the same promises I've made to her the last time it was our 'last time'.

Yes, I do understand the possibility that a last time has the opposite affect on Sara. And it's her choice if there isn't one. But considering she's taken that choice (no last time) many, many times already with no success, I'm not sure why she still believes that.

4 Comments:

Blogger New Girl said...

It seems to me, you are being incredibly selfish. You are well aware that "one last time" will not allow Sara to move on, yet you feel like you have to have one or you can't make the same promises I've made to her the last time it was our 'last time'." i.e. Let it go.

It just seems like you don't want to let this go and "Do the right thing", as you said previously. You want to keep her tied (yes, emotional ties are more binding than physical ones) to you.

I still believe the best thing to do is to give her what she asks-get rid of the email and let her try and move on.

There has been enough emotional drama to last a lifetime.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

You know I have always thought that "If you love someone let them go" was a crap saying.

Sometimes you have to fight, sometimes it is difficult to see beyond all the emotional confusion of the circumstances that are in your face right now, to be able to define the bigger picture...and I guess sometimes it is the bigger picture that gives you your answer.

Good luck :)

Mermaid Girl

1:43 AM  
Blogger Neon & Nudity said...

Hey, how come Bad Girl doesn't get bashed like I did for these kind of remarks? ;-)

It goes w/out saying that Bad Girl is giving sage advice. FWIW, I have followed it and it has worked.

10:38 PM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

iatia - I don't hit girls. I only hit on 'em. ;)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home