Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Marriage

Marriage is a system that was setup destined to fail from the start. Without any intervention, it will always fail. It's a woman's attempt to monogamize what is otherwise a non-monogamous mammal. It's a man's desire for an indentured servant. A successful marriage that lasts a lifetime is almost always the result of the couple being best friends. And thats a tribute to their friendship, not their marriage.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that marriage is a bad deal for everyone. But the problem is with our culture. We each are fed a load of crap re: marriage that cannot be sustained. Because we put imperfect, flawed humans into such an important position - with no training, education, certification, or self-awareness skills - we screw ourselves. Each person goes into marriage with ridiculous expectations, lack of self-knowledge, their own "psychological bullshit" (yes), and the weight of our culture. Culture feeds us the BS line about 'true love', 'the One,' and a lot of related nonsense about 'romance.' We all fall for it. And it ruins many people's lives...remain unmarried and don't reproduce would be my optimum approach. --VM--

4:08 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Marriage was just used as an excuse to go back to her man... For me anyway..

7:02 PM  
Blogger Neon & Nudity said...

In my more cynical moments I tend to agree with you
HOWEVER
I don't believe that men are equally capable of attempting to attempt to monogamize what is otherwise a non-monogamous mammal. Just as women are equally capable of desiring an indentured servant.

As my own blog reflects, I am struggling with the concepts of fidelity, monogamy and such. All I have concluded is that I will not go into such a situation again unless all the terms are definied, and as many foibles, flaws, and imperfections are on the table along with the goals, hopes, and dreams.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home