Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving

I think the timing of our seperation is pretty good. We both enjoy the holidays with our families, and its during these times that reinforce how important they are to us. Sure, it doesn't stop me from constantly thinking what the holidays would be like with Sara, but its more a happy feeling than a sad one. And I can't say enough (or is this the first time I'm actually saying it here) how much it helps to read all the blogs from the women who are put into the same situation as her. They do an excellent job of expressing all the emotions that (I'm certain) Sara is probably going through as well. And that helps me to realize and understand that my hope of her finding a compromise with us is unrealistic. So, its time to put aside (at least temporarily) those hopes and dreams of what could be, and just be thankful for whats there. Right in front of us.

3 Comments:

Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

rmpltuskn - i'm glad. :) enjoy your holiday as well.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting some perspective and enjoy the next few weeks. --VM--

6:34 PM  
Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway said...

Good for you. We miss out on a lot of good in our worlds if we're always wondering "what if" we were in someone else's. Besides, I'm learning these days that if it's true, it endures, and the future holds so much ... only by having dealt with my past and my present am I prepared for my own future.

Even though I'm spending Thanksgiving completely alone (and in my office) today, I am so grateful for how much I have had and how much is still in store for me.

Happy Thanksgiving, DII2.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home