Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Monday, July 18, 2005

Friday Night.

Ok. The bartending gig I had was at a place that holds about 600 people, so naturally I didn't figure there would much of a chance that I would see both of them at the same time, or definately not in the same vicinity of each other. I was wrong on both counts. Nastya showed up first with her friend and found a table close to the bar, and within my line of sight. Because how I do what I do (think the movie 'Cocktail), I'm considered the entertainment and thus the bar sits higher and allows me a good view of the crowd, and they have a good view of me as well. About 10 minutes later Sara shows up with her husband, and we make eye contact the whole time they are looking for an empty seat. This particular club has long tables that seat about 16 people each so you share a table with other partiers. They honed in on a table right next to where Nastya was sitting, but fortunately a group of guys cut in front of them and took those spots. Sara's husband was obvioiusly not happy with them but started looking elsewhere. Nastya had seen what happened as well and motioned to Sara that she has empty seats at her table. They talked for a few seconds, and while I was starting to freak, Sara tried to get her husbands attention. Fortunately he found a table as well, but only two away from Nastya. But much better than sitting at the same table. It was an unusually slow night so I wasn't swamped and had time to flirt with Sara. I know I had a huge grin on my face, and so did she, but I kept glancing over at her husband who was busy talking to somebody else at the table, and he did not notice. Nastya was seated kinda sideways to me and so didn't really notice as well. I don't think. This went on about an hour - but it was such a blur to me. I have no idea how I didn't screw up, even though I don't remember a thing I did. LOL. Then her husband suggests they move to the back of the club - probably because the music is pretty loud up front where they were sitting. This particular table had a bunch of college kids, some celebrating a bachelor's party. I watched as these guys hit on Sara, and I also watched her husband's concern. The guys played the 'lets get in good with husband so we can party and hit on his wife when he's not looking' routine. He seemed to fall for it, as I learned latter from Sara that he bought the table a couple rounds of shots that night. I honestly felt sorry for him because I know he felt outmatched by these young studs. And he was. But Sara was a lot like my wife in those situations, and played along but didn't let things get out of hand. But it was because of these guys that kept me from 'stealing' Sara for a few minutes. Her husband was watching her like a hawk. But Sara told me they had a great time and he didn't seem upset about anything that happened that night. Oh, by the way. According to Sara, he did point me out right away when they arrived. He recognized me from the other times they had visited the city. But since I'm a 'performer', he didn't think much of it. Later that evening he even pulled me aside to compliment me on my performance. That freaked out both Sara and I. LOL.

So where did Nastya fit in during all this? She was busy enough talking to her friend as well as the guys who were hitting on them, to not notice my attention was elsewhere. But when I took a break, she came and grabbed my hand, pulling me to her table. I'm not sure if I should say "fortunately", or "unfortunately" that Sara did not see this. Although I had no problems watching Sara get hit on (probably because she kept giving me such a wonderful smile now and then as she was eating up all the attention), I was a little upset because these guys were the cause of why I won't get any time with her. So as I was sitting at the table with Nastya we slowly became very cozy and began to hold hands. All those other desires started to creep in as well as I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. Before I knew it I had pulled her from the table and into the backroom of the club where I tried to kiss her. She stopped for a moment and asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this. I said yes. Then she said "we are only just friends. right?" I said "right". We kissed briefly, then proceeded to make out like school kids. I knew there was a camera in this backroom so I definately had no intention to going any further. But it was obvious things could have progressed very quickly from that point.

Later that night, when I saw Sara again, I began to feel depressed. Not so much because of what I had done with Nastya - that being pure lust - but because once again Sara was just inches from my finger tips. And I couldn't do a thing about it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you were able to see your Sara in the flesh. Even if you weren't able to be with her as you wanted. I can understand how much you wanted to at least touch her, honest. But you can at least sit and think about that night over and over for awhile. Better than nothing..take it from someone who knows. Sometimes you just have to learn to be content.

rmpltuskn

8:53 AM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Yes, she left me several voicemails the day after telling me how much fun she had, and what she remembers of the night, and apologized that we couldn't get together but then explained exactly why that would have been a bad idea. also slipped up and stroked my ego with some comments as well. something she tries not to do. lol.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I was compelled to read your blog because I thought that it was about your love and yearning for Sara. I had thought, from your intro. that you were not a cheater, that your marriage was fulfilling but you had met the love of your life. Call me romantic. So I read because that is a classic, heart-wrenching story. However, I am very disappointed to see Nastya on the scene. All this time, I thought you were cheating only because of your unbearable love for Sara. Turns out, you are just a cheater.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! The adrenaline must have been pumping all night long. I started laughing thinking about how freaked you both must have gotten when the hubby pulled you aside LOL

What would you have done if Sara had caught you and Nastya?

I found it interesting how you got cozy with her while Sara was around...

11:57 AM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Bethany - i'm sorry to disappoint you. if you know the whole history behind Sara and me, you'll see how much effort i do put into making her happy. the patience i endure. we all have our own ways of dealing with insecurities, disappointment, and letdowns. if your disappointed in my choice of how i handled that, that's ok. but cheating had nothing to do with it.

Sara is indeed the ultimate love of my life. She is also the ultimate challenge in how I must learn to deal with the absolute depth of emotions she brings about me.

1:45 PM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Leandra - no, the adrenaline wasn't pumping when I talked with her husband. but it most definately was when i thought Sara was going sit at the same table as Nastya. Can you imagine if Sara overheard Nastya telling her girlfriend some things about me that only a friend would know?

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home