Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Monday, March 06, 2006

Indicators

I'm sure everyone has indicators that are reflective of 'where' they're at when in or out of a relationship. Makes no difference if its a socially exceptable relationship, or one that's frowned upon, we all have them. Knowingly or unknowingly. I've mentioned a few times that one of my big indicators was how good things were with my wife and me. If Sara and I were good, things with my wife and me were good as well. It was as simple as - when I'm happy, so was everybody else. Another indicator I also have is not so simple to understand. For several years leading up to my first affair, I had become a talk radio person. For whatever reason, and I had a few, I had found myself hooked on it. But something happened when I started to think about that other woman. I started to dust off my heavy metal and big-hair band CD's. Metallica became my emotional fuel. Soon I was updating those collections, catching up on Nirvana, STP, Creed and discovering Godsmack, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mud and P.O.D. This continued on through all three affairs, with a peculiar twist during the last 4 years with Sara. When things were good with us, Metallica was cranking. When things weren't, you could find either Jimmy Buffett, Country, Jazz or Big Band music on my MP3 player. Now keep in mind, most of those previously mentioned bands played 'angry' or 'dark' music. Yet it was my music of choice when I was feeling most alive. Go figure. So what am I listening to now? Well, for the last couple weeks - talk radio. First time in 7 years. Have I now come full circle and find myself content with my previous life again? If so, I find that depressing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway said...

LOL ... I commented on this myself a few months ago. While married, I found my visual and tactile stimulation in fabric, my creative outlet was quilting. After I took D as my lover, it replaced all those needs on a much better level. For the first time in nearly two years I tried to return to quilting and simply found it depressing. I'd much rather be manipulating skin than fabric, satisfied at the look in someone's eyes as he enters me than a perfectly sewn quarter-inch seam. Simply the indication that I was quilting again was too depressing to really enjoy it.

9:45 AM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Just to clarify in my case. Listening to talk radio doesn't depress me. The fact that I'm back to wanting to listen to talk radio is what's depressing.

11:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

This is so true! Prior to having my lover, I listened to mostly singer-songwriters. I was getting back into some "Classic" rock, up through Velvet Revolver. Then I met my lover. Next thing, I was listening to Nine Inch Nails ("I Want To Fuck You Like An Animal" per her recommendation, et al)

Now, back with the wife? Singer songwriters. Not that they are bad. Just saying ;-)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Ms. Junie said...

Just don't listen to James Blunt :)..it will wreck you. (I love James Blunt but it sure hits a nerve in these situations)...

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home