Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

More Thinking Out Loud.

I have started wondering recently if those 'doubts' she'd profess to have were always merely buttons she pushed to get me to say the things she wanted to hear. And I'm almost certain now that all those times she kept denying she wanted us to be together - listing all the negatives - was once again pushing a button that got me started telling her all the wonderful things she wanted to hear. But I'm really curious to know. Was this subconscience on her part, or has she trained me well?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to me as if you both pushed each others' buttons pretty well over the last several years. Is this post-mortem useful to you at this point? Let's face it: the fact is that you have not and will not leave your wife and children to be with her and her 4 kids. She has not left her husband and shown up on your doorstep. It's immaterial to say 'if things had been different...', because they aren't. They are what they are, right now, here. And what you have is the knowledge that the drama and dysfunction needed to sustain the relationship could not persist into a marriage for the two of you. And as several others commented earlier, it has not sustained the affair either. (When's the last time you even saw each other? Had sex? Made love? Did something together - had ice cream or took a walk...?) It's sad to let go but it really doesn't seem as if you have a choice here. She's made it clear: leave your wife for me. You will not do that. Ergo, the affair and relationship is done. --VM--

9:10 PM  
Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway said...

Uh oh, I think you've finally reached the end of VM's rope! ;-)

9:30 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I'm new to your blog but I look forward to reading in the future........

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home