Will She Be Back?

It's been an over SIX year affair. Not sure when it will end for good, but it restarted many times.

Name:
Location: Middle Country

I have it all. Would not have changed a thing. That is until she came into my life. Again. And again. And again. And again.........

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Why?

It seems to be a reoccurring question I get asked. Why do I settle. Why won't I walk away from Sara. Why don't I walk away from my wife. Why do I choose to inflict pain and suffering upon Sara. Why do I choose to inflict pain and suffering on my family. Why ..... Why ..... Why .....? There is no simple answer because each particular question has a particular answer. And to be perfectly blunt - I don't care. I know what I feel. I know what I want. I know what I can live with. I know what I can't live without. I've never been a 'grass is greener on the other side' type of person. I know there are pitfalls and drawbacks to every relationship, so I won't pretend that Sara and I wouldn't have our share. (My apologies for continuing with the 'grass' scenario), I totally agree that if the grass on your side is brown and dead, anything on the other side is a definate improvement and you need to go for that. But the grass is green on my side. A few bare spots, but nice nonetheless. And there is no doubt that to lots of other people, I'm on that 'other side'. So why can't I be happy with that? I don't know. Things would be so much simpler if I could be. But that's not in my nature to leave well enough alone.

The one question I'm always happy to answer though is "Why Sara?" If you ever meet, or have met, that one person whom you want to climb inside their body just so you can get as close as possible to them, you'll understand. 5 years later, Sara still has that affect on me. My heart is still totally in her hands. As poetic as that sounds, it's actually the best way to describe the hold she has on me. The warmth I feel inside when I'm with her feels just as if her hands were warming my heart. And the pain I feel inside when she's gone is no different than if she was squeezing it herself.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that "why" can't really be answered...things happen for a reason, even if the reason is that we are allowing them to happen.
I know that Tristan and I had both put plans in place long before meeting each other, to leave our respective partners.
Marriage is a fragile thing and I think that not too many people treat it with care...I dunno. I just wanted to let you know I'm here reading. And I know that Tris & I feel the way about each other, that you described feeling about Sara.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the only other unanswered question is why you would think that both your wife and Sara should or do feel the same way you do. I suspect that your wife might feel differently - she might want you all to herself, with that 'in love' feeling. Sara clearly wants this. You seem to be the odd man out here! Do you think you can or will ever be truly happy? --VM--

8:42 PM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

I don't think they both should or do feel the same way. I just 'wish' they did.

I'm very aware I can never be truly happy. Even if Sara and I were together, that happiness will be dampened by the sadness I'd feel for my wife and kids. But if I commit myself back to my family, any happiness there will be dampened by my sadness of not having Sara.

Polygamy seems to be the only solution for me. ;)

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polygamy, or polyamory, is *fine* as long as all the partners are aware and consenting. You've launched this on Sara and your wife without their consent. Don't be a selfish prick. Or, if you're not one--and I don't think you are--don't try to sound like one.

6:57 AM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Zoely - did i hit a nerve? Your comment was totally uncalled for - even if I WASN'T kidding about the polygamy.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you didn't...I didn't mean to sound as if you did. I thought the comment was encouraging conversation. Polygamy/polyamory is OK...I am a fan of it myself. But I think that you involved two unsuspecting partners. I think that making light of their feelings and the situation, and by showing preference for your own desires, demonstrated a selfishness that I don't think you really possess.
I apologize if my comment came off in a bitchy way...I am interested in the situation you describe and I relate wholly to many of the feelings you express.

9:48 AM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Well, the comment really came in from left field. And to say that I've involved two unsuspecting partners is inferring that I already have. Which is obviously not true.

I feel its okay to make light of the situation if it's effective in describing the futility of my dilemna. It's not offered as a viable solution. The jealousy both these women posess puts that idea to bed right from the start.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you are involved and are in love with/love both women, so you have, in fact, involved them in this.
If they were OK with polyamory and knew ahead of time what they were getting into, then I would say, right on.
I don't think that you're selfish--maybe re-read the first comment I left?
Really, I have no answers. I know it's difficult for everyone. My situation is fundamentally diff in that Tris & I both were planning to divorce anyway...but you know, I empathize.
Wouldn't it be nice, though, if we could all be polyamorous? So much easier. ;-))
Again I apologize if I sounded bitchy.

10:38 AM  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Sorry but I tend to agree with Zoely. You do not have the right to place these women in this position.

Your wife deserves to know everything and make up her mind as to what she wants. You do not have the right to believe you can have your cake and eat it too.

As far as your patch of grass is concerned, is it not your responsibility to nuture the bare patches? With a little bit of loving care the grass usually grows back, often into a lush green lawn, soft underfoot.

The 'other lawn' you are tending is placing a cloud over the sunshine that falls upon the bare patches.

Your marriage will never be able to be better whilst you have a distraction.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is beautifully put, and that you should leave this in the email account for her to read.
-D

1:21 PM  
Blogger do_in_it_2 said...

Well, everybody has those certain pesky bare spots that they continuously try to fix to no avail. Mine have been there long before I started looking at other lawns.

2:43 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

This comment section always seems tense

7:54 PM  
Blogger beautiful face said...

hi hon..sorry i haven't been around...i purposefully did not read the other comments before posting so i could just tell you how much i understand how you feel....



aka bellacara

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home